About Me

My photo
Be a foodie, joining the life.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Reflection paper on "How to be the most destructive force on campus

Reflection paper on "How to be the most destructive force on campus"

M. Craig Pittman symposium on destructive “How to be the most destructive force on campus” was of its kind. It revealed how things which seem impossible on the campus were possible. The symposium had a lot of lessons especially for students who don’t believe in their abilities and potential. The speaker talked about a campus newspaper by the name Trop. The paper was at one time seen as a campus public relation arm while others viewed it as a Newspaper. The writing and the strength of the editors were to be seen later when it started hitting the headlines. Right away at this point, I learned the importance of exploring our potential.   


           The symposium gave me a chance of learning the art of coming up with new things, doing them differently to achieve greater heights results. Being a campus paper and run by the members of the university, the Trap could not be compared with other local newspapers which had resources and fully skilled human resource. But from the headlines that featured in it, the public perception of the Trap changed. This was when headlines such as “Drug busts in the dorms” and “Ethics commission investigates of a
From this pace, I was encouraged, and by now the speaker had already stirred my mind, and I could see things with a possibility mentality. According to the speaker, this was indeed an achievement.
I also discovered that the Trap paper had organized manpower who knew what they were doing. This is because the paper had also funny topics published. This told so much about the paper and the determination that was with the team. Some of the funny articles ever printed on the Trap paper are the “Midnight raid on the art room” and the “adventures of the Thorndike Pike.” This made me think and reflect on my level of organization in doing things. This point also made me reflect on the inclusivity of the different aspects of the main idea. Judging from my point, this job could not be accomplished by a single person but rather by a team; I was able to learn the art of carrying out my activities when I am in a team. From the symposium, the risks and challenges were also discussed. This was through sharing challenges that were experienced in the laying of the foundation of the Trap newspaper. At one time, David McFarland was fired; this caused the funding of the paper to stop momentarily.         
What motivated me most and encouraged me were the lessons I learned from the achievements of the Trap. There are important lessons I learned in the field of journalism and working as an editor. Some of these lessons are that words do matter in journalism, powerful people are always hurt by the truth, and it makes them so angry.
From the lessons, I learned that one should always mind the messaging they are passing and if the message is genuine or it meant to tarnish someone’s image. An important message from this is professionalism. Truth in journalism was discussed at length. The symposium was so informative especially to the students since they have been able to see the results of any positive effort.               


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garlic Lobster